Friday, May 22, 2009

What value are the words you speak? When you say you are going to do something, do you follow through and do what you say you are going to do? I have had a few instances over the past couple of months where I wanted to meet some friends for breakfast. Something from work has come up or I was not feeling well and cancelled. I know that in these instances, understanding was extended and I appreciated their flexibility. I try really hard to say what I mean, and mean what I say...but I have noticed that with some, words flow easy without any substance. "I will call you soon", "call you in a bit", "lets spend some time together", "I love you unconditionally", all without any substance, actions, or regard at all.

What does loyalty mean? What does it look like? To me, loyalty is just a bunch of bunk unless backed up with actions. Words can state good intentions but if those intentions are genuine, actions will demonstrate them.

What happens when people fabricate and lie to get what they want? What happens when lies are told in order to hurt or discredit someone? So often these come from people who do not have a conscience, who are self-centered, and caught up in their own wants and desires. If you look at a person's history if they are this type of person, there is a history of lies and actions that demonstrate a pathological history. The problem with these people is that they practice it so much, they are very good at being convincing but they would also sell your soul if it benefited them. Those you should be careful with....easy to be burned.

The worst are those claiming to be Christians yet they deceive and demonstrate actions that are no where near what a Christian's actions should be. You know who you are....

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and don't be sucked into some one's deception. You are then a part of the problem....and there is no where to go from there except down....

No comments: