Monday, May 25, 2009

A Belated Birthday Thought


My oldest celebrated his birthday the day after mine in March. Our family has gone through major changes and at the root, a parental divorce. You would think it would be easier for older kids to accept and figure out divorce....but in reality, it is more difficult because they analyze everything and tend to "choose" sides of support.

It was a long difficult divorce and as things often do happen, there was a lot of misunderstood information. I want to say that the divorce is simply my divorce and my ex husband's divorce and had nothing to do with the kids in any way shape or form.

This all left a cooling in the family. Due to the stress and the anguish of the entire situation, I didn't publicly express my love for my older son who just turned 32. He lives in California and works by day at Breville and is part of the Underground Orchestra by night and weekend. His band is quite successful and is doing well.

I simply wish to state that I love him, think of him often, and pray that healing happens in his heart. Boundaries are there sometimes for a good reason. Just as I wouldnt interfere with his relationships or decisions, though I might not agree with them, I want him to know just how much I support his life quest and direction he has himself chosen to follow. I am so proud of him in so many ways.

Happy Belated Birthday EJ.... with love!

No comments: