Monday, May 4, 2009

God seeking - God finding


As I have previously posted several times, I have had more God moments in Disney World then anywhere. Where else can you find multitudes of family, friends, and people genuinely wanting to just help other people?

It is my belief that when you have this magnitude of people in one place, and you are in a relaxed state of mind, you are open to "seeing" and "experiencing" the goodness in people and the wonderful gift of loving others. To just visit this extraordinary place isn't enough for me. I love to find and enhance the visits for others. My daughter has this same mentality as she has planned many a Disney visit for others so that they may experience all there is to experience without hassle. I, too, have been the "Disney planner" for my friends and co-workers. The experience is far more than just going. Every child and every adult deserves a little "magic" and "belief" in their lives. This is where believing starts for most kids...with fairytales and stories. Once the art of believing is in place, then much more important things such as God and Jesus are much easier to "grasp" and do not seem so abstract. Santa isn't a good example as that bubble gets popped and then all that belief is destroyed. Whereas, in Disney, the magic is everlasting and the transition from character to character representation is suttle and easy but the believing still remains. Why do adults still get a thrill seeing Mickey? We all know its a costume but it is what he represents that is more of a draw. Walt created a place for families to go and to enjoy each other. He did well. My family has left many echoes in those parks...one leaving his talent of drumming in a parade legacy. It is a wonderful thing to visit somewhere and close your eyes hearing your children's young voices clearly and wonderfully. It is a place where we clobbered my husband with foam clubs as the Grand Marshalls of the Disney parade. He was such a good sport as he was hit and then blasted with a C02 tank. Memories. Good friends and benchmark events fill our years there.

It is not just a vacation....it is a wonderful intermission to life where I can go and see God's family interact, laugh, and for the moments they are there, escape life's pressures.

I am setting off on a journey to help others "experience" what I experience. More to come.

No comments: